Saturday, June 25, 2011

Why The Name?

I had the privilege of teaching kindergarten in the North Carolina school system for 25 years.  Since my last name was a little hard to pronounce, the children called me Mrs. G.  One year I had a little boy from Sweden who spoke no English.  He heard the children calling me Mrs G. and to his understanding, it was Miggie.  That is how I came up with that part of my blog name.

I love to be creative.  I think I got that trait from my grandmother.  She was probably creative out of necessity since she lived during the depression.  She would try anything.  Once when my daddy went to visit her, he found her on the roof, patching a leak.  She was in her seventies at the time.  I have never patched a roof but I love to try new things.

My husband and I have recently built a new house.  I love bargains and trying to save money so I attempted many do-it-yourself projects in my home.  I also enjoy painting and all kinds of crafts.  In my blog, Miggie Makes, I will share some of my creations with you. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have.

3 comments:

Amy Steward said...

I am not creative like you are Susan, but sure glad that to have friends who are!! My Papaw always said, you got friends, use'em!

Jo Ann said...

WOOT!! I still think "Smaht Girl" would have been a good name!

carolinagirl said...

Looking forward to seeing all of your projects!!! B had a Mrs. G this year for 4th grade...we just love her so much!